…for breast cancer
With long-term survival you want to have long-term enjoyment of your life. Spending 10, 15 or 50 years with pain and/or dysfunction is not acceptable. A big part of your functional improvement is restoring mobility and ease to your should girdle after surgery on the chest wall – lumpectomy or mastectomy – and radiation treatments.
By improving muscle function and balance, fluid movement and scar tissue extensibility massage therapy is the perfect tool to help give you the life you want.
If you have:
- Decreased arm/shoulder movement
- Pain or weakness at rest or with use of the arm
- Irritated tissue at surgery or radiation sites
- Neck pain or headaches
- chest, rib or upper back pain
- numbness, tingling or radiating pain into the arm or hand
…I can support you with:
- Specific knowledge of surgical approaches for breast cancer
- Understanding of the impact of chemotherapy and radiation on the body
- Post graduate training in fascial release – the most effective treatment for scarring from surgery and radiation
- A kind, knowing set of hands
- An understanding that your battle with cancer may have left scars on your mind and spirit as well as your body
I will bring all my knowledge and art to your healing.
Links to sites about breast cancer and massage: