Fees, hours and policies
Office Hours are:
- Early weeks:
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 2:15pm
- Tuesday: 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Thursday: 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Late weeks:
- Monday and Wednesday: 3:30pm to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 11am to 6:30pm
- Friday: 1pm to 6:30pm
30 minute massage $60.00
45 minute massage $75.00
60 minute massage: $90.00
90 minute massage: $120.00
- for WorkSafeBC clients appointment lengths are based on WorkSafeBC’s fee schedules
- some direct billing and reimbursement through third-party carriers is available
- fees include GST and are payable by cash, cheque, debit or credit card at the time of the appointment.
- gift certificates are available
I encourage clients to book a minimum of a one hour appointment their first visit to allow for a thorough intake process and plenty hands-on time. Be prepared to come a few minutes early on your first appointment to fill out the intake form.
A portion of your initial appointment is used to go through your history and explore specific issues, clarify your goals and clinical requirements and do any necessary orthopaedic testing. This is an important step in providing you with the best care possible. In subsequent appointments this time will be significantly reduced, but not eliminated, unless there is a significant change in your symptoms, treatment goal(s), or a substantial gap between treatments.
- If you cancel or change the date of you appointment within 24 hours of the scheduled time, or you do not show up for your appointment, you may be charged up to the full amount of the visit. The time has been reserved for you. I do not penalize anyone for visits missed due to illness – there own or a dependent persons’, but these issues have a real impact on the health of my business and prevent other people from making use of that time.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. I strive to always be timely and as a courtesy to myself and fellow clients I appreciate it when you are too. If I am running behind I will always make up the time at the end of your appointment or lower your fee if you cannot prolong your visit. If you are running behind I generally treat through to the end of your booked time to avoid inconveniencing others.
- If you are ill, please stay home. This is both to limit the spread of illness and because if you are ill the massage can be excessively fatiguing for you. As mentioned, I never charge for late cancellations due to illness. I do appreciate a call as soon as possible if you are ill so that I can make that space available to others.
- Payment is due at the time of the appointment with the following exceptions: Worksafe claims and 3rd party billing I can access online (primarily Great West Life and Greendshields, though the options are increasing)